Monday, October 26, 2009

Planning: Visas?

This weekend I was talking with someone about some of the countries I have considering for this trip. When I mentioned Croatia they asked if visiting Croatia required a visa. I didn't know, so I did a little research.

Croatia is not part of the Schengen agreement, which allows American citizens fairly unrestricted visa-less travel through most of Europe. In fact, every other country I've considered for this trip is part of this agreement. One less thing to worry about. :)

Croatia allows American citizens to visit for up to 90 days on tourism or business without needing a visa so, if we go there, we're good. However, it is required that we register our presence with local officials, which may be interesting if biking through the countryside.

Resources:
U.S. Department of State - Country Specific Information
U.S. Department of State - Schengen Agreement

No comments:

Post a Comment