Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day Two: Glasgow part 2

Glasgow was uneventful. I didn't have as much time as I thought because my flight got in later, and then it took me about 1.5 hours to leave the airport, another 30 minutes to get dowtnown. I did walk around though, and even had a pint of Guiness at a pub... a gay one.

The city is unique. A blend of new and old buildings, all stuck to each other. I am not sure how much there is to see besides some museums. Looking at post cards though, the Scottish countryside looks breathtaking. Note for the future.

The pub was cool too. I could see it being a fun place to hang out when it is busier. There was a fella there that I would have sworn wasn't even speaking english, his accent was so thick. It was VERY sexy, what can I say? :)

For now, I am on the bus again on my way back to the airport. Excited to be on my way to Iceland. I don't think it will be daylight when I get to Akureyri, but we'll see. Hopefully, if not, then the Northern Lights will be out. Wishful thinking, I fear.

A few pictures added :)
Random Glasgow Building

As I swore I would - Guinness in the UK

A lot of time spent in the Glasgow airport

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I know what "looking at postcards" means :D we are excited! LOVES!!!- Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having a blast. keep up the great postings.

    ReplyDelete